Monday, January 16, 6PM via Zoom
Zoom Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81417957116
On the Agenda:
|6.00||Welcome and Territorial Acknowledgement|
|6.05||Brief overview of the meeting format|
|6.15||Guest Introductions / Statement – Questions
· Krista Loughton – City Council Liaison
|6.30||Outline and Discussion on the development of Arbutus Park
· What Park amenities are needed in Burnside Gorge?
· What is your vision for Arbutus Park?
· Would you like more / better access to the water in Burnside Gorge?
· Would you like to see more water based recreational opportunities in the Gorge Waterway? Would you support the installation of a public dock at Arbutus Park?
|7.00||Communications with community
· How can we better communicate with the residents and businesses?
· Community issues, comments
|7.20||Review Action Items & next meeting date: Monday, February 13, 2023|
- 11 Chown Place – The Gorge View Society has applied for rezoning to allow for future development over the next 25 to 50 years. There are no specific building plans developed as this is a rezoning application only. The community comment period has closed. There will be further info on this proposal as it progresses through the application process.
- 1824-2010 Store Street & 530 Chatham Street – A community meeting was held on Oct 12th to hear a preliminary proposal by Reliance Properties for a rezoning of the Capital Iron property. This is a large development including a proposed relocation of the Greater Victoria Art Gallery to the site. Additional information about this development should be posted on the Development Tracker soon.
- Mayfair Mall – A planned redevelopment of the Mayfair Mall is expected to be presented to community in the coming months. Updates on presentation open houses will be posted to the neighbourhood.
- 496 Cecelia Road – This proposal was approved at public hearing on February 24. Please see the latest project update: 496 Cecelia – BSAHP Info Sheet Feb 2022. Their original presentation is linked below.