The BGCA’s Land Use Committee (LUC) plays a critical role in all applications for rezoning in this neighbourhood. The LUC ensures community members hear about upcoming requests and get the opportunity to provide their views to the City of Victoria before decisions are made.
There are a number of ways for you to learn more about proposed developments and share your thoughts.
- Contact the LUC Chair at email@example.com
- Attend a scheduled Community Meeting about the rezoning, typically held on the 4th Monday of the month. Notices are included in our monthly newsletter and through our website and social media channels.
- If you live within 100 metres of a rezoning, the City of Victoria will direct-mail meeting notices to these addresses.
- Monitor the City of Victoria’s Development Tracker to track the progress of a rezoning application.
- Contact the City’s Development Services department directly.
- Write a letter to City council expressing your views at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the City of Victoria has moved to Virtual Public Hearings. To learn more about participating please see the City’s Virtual Public Hearing page.