We offer outreach support services and programs to youth under the age of 19.
Youth outreach workers aim to form positive, healthy, trusting and proactive relationships with youth and build collaborative working relationships with other key community partners.
Youth from the Burnside Gorge neighbourhood, or youth connected to Burnside programs or services, may access individual or program specific support.
Youth outreach workers provide:
- Individuals and group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Family support and mediation
- Conflict resolution and peer mediation
- Anger management
- Life skills training
- Assistance in meeting basic needs
- Employment assistance
- Assistance in setting goals, identifying services and programs required to meet those goals and establishing a holistic plan
- Direct support at the youth centre